What’s new on Northlight Images
– Photography news, information and articles
Selected news and product announcements, along with the latest articles and reviews from Keith Cooper.
There is a search box in the top right of the page – if you’re looking for something specific or have a suggestion for the site, please contact Keith and ask… If you want a product reviewed, please see our Review Policy for more details.
Latest photo news posts
More news posts further down the page…
- Luminar 2018 update Luminar update V1.0.1 for Mac and Windows versions. Various fixes and improvements, including D850 RAW support
- Canon imagePROGRAF TX-2000 Canon have announced the imagePROGRAF TX-2000 and TX-3000 printers. 24" and 44" pigment inkjet printers for CAD/GIS and poster reproduction. Dual roll media support.
- Affinity Photo V1.6 Affinity Photo V1.6 update released. Boosts performance and functionality - limited time offer for free extras.
- Luminar 2018 aims at Lightroom Luminar 2018 - image editing update for Mac and Windows. Adds new filters and RAW processing. Faster software and an expansion of editing flexibility
- Macphun becomes Skylum Macphun is renaming the company as Skylum - Part of this signifies the move of their photography software to the Windows platform as well as the Apple Mac
–More News– further down the page
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way? Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Buying anything via our links costs you no more, but helps expand the site. Our articles will always be free so please consider supporting our site in some way?
Visit the Deals & Offers page to see new stuff
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - Keith Link for: Amazon UK | Amazon US
Latest articles and reviews
Article Index page – For all of Keith Cooper’s hundreds of photography and printing articles/reviews
- Irix 15mm lens review Review of the Irix 15mm f/2.4 Lens. Testing the Firefly model wide angle lens. Optically the same as the more solidly constructed Blackstone model. Tested on a Canon 5Ds
- KF Concept TC2534 Carbon Tripod review K& F Concept TC2534 66" Carbon fibre tripod review. Light weight tripod, with ball head and optional monopod option. 10kg support
- Lens testing for coma with a laser star Testing lenses for coma with a laser pointer star simulator in the daytime. Simple test setup also shows starburst diffraction spikes
- Keith Cooper’s City Light Luminar presets Keith's 'City Light' presets for MacPhun's Luminar photo editing software. Developed for architectural images when converting from colour to B&W. Before and after examples, and how they differ from 'straight' B&W conversions. Also using them as a luminance adjustment for colour images.
- i1Studio calibration and profiling review X-Rite i1Studio calibration and profiling review. Calibrate monitors and projectors. Profile reflection and transmission scanners, and profile papers for colour and black and white printing.
- Luminar 2018 review Luminar 2018 photo editing software - a review update. Filters, speed and attention to RAW processing, with asset management on its way
- BenQ SW271 monitor review Keith reviews BenQ's latest high end monitor. The BenQ SW271 27inch width display features 3840x2160 resolution at 16:9 aspect ratio and accepts 4k HDR video. Dual HDMI inputs along with Displayport, Thunderbolt/USB3. Technicolor certified
- Install Canon camera software without CD Installing Canon camera software without the CD. What to do if you've lost your original CD and need to re-install software
–More Articles– Main articles/reviews page
- X-Rite i1Studio launched X-Rite announce i1Studio package for monitor calibration, scanner and printer profiling (colour and black & white). Updated software / functionality for the ColorMunki spectrophotometer
- BenQ SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor BenQ have announced the SW271 27 inch HDR 4k monitor. With HDR10 support. SW271 features 99% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB and Rec. 709. and DCI-P3 colour spaces.
- Irix Edge 100 filter system The Irix Edge 100 filter system is announced for wide angle lenses - fitting directly to the Irix 15mm f/4 lens. The filter holder is to host a collection of 100mm and 100mm x 150mm filters
- FoCal AF calibration software updated to V2.5 FoCal AF calibration software is updated to V2.5 - Software lets you tune and adjust camera autofocus performance. Adds 6D2 and D7500 support
- Epson SureColor SC-P5000 STD Printer announced Latest information about the new SureColor P5000 17" large format printer from Epson. The replacement for the SP4900 A2 sized desktop printer.
- Techart EF lens to Fuji GFX lens adapter Techart EF lens to Fuji GFX lens adapter with AF functionality. Lens aperture can be set from the camera control dial. Firmware is updateable
- Macphun Aurora HDR 2018 launch Macphun announce the Aurora HDR 2018 software launch for Windows and Mac. Improved HDR and tone mapping performance
- Nikon D850 Nikon D850 full frame DSLR. Camera features 45.7MP BSI FX-format sensor, 7 fps burst (max 9 fps), 4K video and a tilting 3.2" 2.36M-dot touchscreen. Camera includes dual card slots: XQD and SD
- Kodak to bring back Ektachrome film At the CES show in Vegas, Kodak have announced that Ektachrome colour slide film is going to be making a comeback later in 2017
- Canon MT-26EX-RT macro twin flash unit The new Canon MT-26EX-RT macro twin flash unit boosts power over the previous MT-24EX and add wireless support, along with an updated interface
- New Canon 50mm, 90mm and 135mm tilt-shift lenses New tilt shift lenses announced. Canon 50mm f2.8L, 90mm f2.8L and 135mm f4L macro tilt-shift lenses. TS-E lens range expanded with macro capable lenses.
- Canon EOS M100 24MP camera Canon EOS M100 with 24MP sensor and Dual Pixel AF replaces the EOS M10. Digic 7 processor improves video performance. Available in black or white, shipping in October for £570/$600 with 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, or £770/$950 with 15-45mm and 55-200mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM.
All the latest articles and photo news items appear on Keith's Photo blog
We've a whole section of the site devoted to Digital Black and White photography and printing. It covers all of Keith's specialist articles and reviews.
Articles below by Keith (Google's picks for matching this page)
If you start your buying of anything whatsoever from Amazon (not just what's listed) via one of our links below, it helps myself and Karen to keep the site going. We really do appreciate this - thanks